Mastering RAI-Home Care: Clinical Version is a web-based educational program that provides an engaging and interactive learning experience, incorporating expert subject matter knowledge, modern instructional design theory and leading edge media technologies. This software helps health care professionals to understand interRAI terminology and procedures involved in completing the RAI-HC assessment. Clinicians can practice the assessment approach and evaluate their skills through an interactive real life case study of a home care client. Self-evaluations at the end of most sections provide feedback on the topics needing review. The Form Overview and Case Study, Coding Guidelines, provide detailed information on the assessment process.
Mastering RAI-HC: Clinical Version also provides detailed information about how Clinical Assessment Protocols (CAPs) are triggered and how they are central to care planning. Learn about the use of CAPs and outcome measures in the care planning process, along with other applications of the assessment information you collect. Animations, videos, graphics and text with narration will enrich your knowledge about applications of the assessment information. The key e-learning components include: Outcome Measures; MAPLe/MI-Choice; Resource Utilization Groups (RUG-III/HC); and Quality Indicators.
In addition to the RAI-HC instrument, this program includes detailed information on the interRAI Contact Assessment (interRAI CA). You will understand the CA’s coding guidelines and embedded decision support tools, and you will apply this knowledge in an interactive case study.
Mastering RAI-HC: Clinical Version also provides clinical educators with printouts, discussion questions, key messages, and performance expectations for new learners. The software includes video interviews with experts in interRAI Assessment development and implementation. You can also review video testimonials from experienced clinicians providing personal insight into their successful integration and application of the RAI-HC.
Whether you are a new or expert user of the RAI-HC you will easily locate, navigate, interact with, and even export specific content for your own presentations. You can access the wealth of learning resources in the RAI-HC Clinical through:
- Help tutorials introducing navigation features, interactive case study, form overview and more
- Two case studies
- Interactive case study (narrated and text based) used to complete the RAI-HC form with expert assistance
- Reverse case study that demonstrates how to interpret and apply an already completed RAI-HC assessment in clinical practice with expert guidance through video interviews
- Quick access to any section in the program through an expanding Content Menu
- A comprehensive Table of Contents with embedded links
- A searchable Content Index for direct access to all content
- Over 20 video interviews covering a range of topics related to the RAI-HC
- Linked indexes to groups of content within each section
- A Glossary of terms related to the RAI-HC that includes inline definitions throughout the program
- Tabbed content for navigating between related content (for example, intent, definition, process, and coding for each form item)
- Printable documents related to the clinical application of the RAI-HC
- Content Export that allows content to be integrated into educator presentations